IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!
As autumn begins, we thought it would be a good idea to get the Christmas dinner booked. Once again the club will be gathering at the Blean Tavern to celebrate the festive season.
The date for the meal has been set for Tuesday the 19th of December at 7 PM. This year there will be three courses on offer at the cost of just £21 per person. A deposit of £10 per head will need to be paid either at the next club meeting or to one of the club administrators (we are also looking at being able to pay via PayPal).
Below you will find the menu and a registration form, please fill it in, so that we can gauge how many members will be attending.
- Soup – Roasted Carrot & Parsnip Soup served with Sourdough Bread and Sea-Salted Butter.
- Spring Rolls – Jumbo Spring Rolls served in a Rice Basket with mixed Salad tossed in a Wholegrain Mustard Dressing with a Sweet Chilli Dip.
- Prawn Cocktail – Prawn Cocktail on a Bed of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce and a Julienne of Cucumber.
- Chicken Liver Parfait – Chicken Liver Parfait with Orange Jam, toasted Sourdough Bread and Mixed Salad.
- Roast Turkey – Traditional Roast Turkey with Pigs in Blankets, Sage & Onion Stuffing, Roast Potatoes served with Garden Vegetables, Cranberry Sauce and Port Gravy.
- Striploin of Beef – Striploin of Beef with Fondant Potato, Carrot Batons and Bundles of Fine Beans with a Rioja Jus.
- Salmon Roulade – Salmon Roulade served with White Rice, Teriyaki Sauce and Pickled Carrot & Cucumber topped with Black & White Sesame Seeds.
- Nut Roast – Nut Roast served with Parmentier Potato, Seasonal Vegetables with a Rosemary & Garlic Jus.
- Christmas Pudding – Traditional Christmas Pudding with Crème Anglaise & Brandy Sauce.
- Chocolate Fondant – Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Powder and Chocolate Sauce.
- Forest Berries – Lime Meringue topped with Forest Berries, Chantilly Cream and Raspberry Coulis.
- Cheese Board – A selection of Fine Cheeses, Celery, Apple Chutney and Handmade Artisan Biscuits.
Here’s a map to help you find the pub if you haven’t joined us there already.
If you have any questions, then please feel free to get in touch via the contact form.